Monday, November 10, 2008

Mirror feat. Dave Gahan - Nostalgia

Just to whet your appetite for the new Mode record coming in 2009, peep this track by Mirror, featuring Dave Gahan. Mirror is a project of Tom Anselmi, ex-vocalist of legendary Expo '86-ruining Vancouver punkers Slow and ex-Grapes of Wrath(!?) and session keyboardist Vincent Jones. It doesn't matter how many times I read that last sentence back, I can't quite get my head around the idea of Dave collaborating on a record with such a weird can-rock pedigree. At any rate, it's the sort of torchy piano number that Martin always seems to end up singing on the Depeche Mode records (shades of Somebody, yo). Between this and the goodwill Dave earned with his excellent solo album last year I daresay I'm a touch excited to hear some new music from DM.


A tip of the hat to my homegirl Skepticle, always a font of science on the synthpop tip.

No comments: